Thursday, May 20, 2010

Let's start at the very beginning

So, as many of you know, I am a bit of a reader. I frequently have more than one book going at a time. I love to talk about books and I will read just about anything I come across. It is my escape and enjoyment. I am put on time limits when I go into a book store. I adored the 8 months I spent working in a book store and I have a pipe dream to own a book store later in life. I just love to read.
I have been a teacher for 2 years now and it has really renewed my interest in children's books. (it didn't take much, some of the best writing out there is in the kid's and young adults section) It was during a recent discussion, where I was suggesting great childrens's books and going overboard as usual (20 recomendations, really?!), that I was given the idea that I write a blog about books. So, here I am.....
I have always been intrigued by blogs and have a few friends who write quite deliteful ones but I had never really thought about one for myself, until now. I put the whole "book blog" idea out there and got some great feedback so I decided to forge ahead.
I am not quite sure what all this little blog will include....my current faves? Past loves? Suggestions? Books of controversy? We shall see....
If you are reading this and have something bookish you would like me to muse about, let me know.
For now, I will leave you with this bit o' trivia from a favorite book of mine:

"It is a truth universally aknowledged that a single man in possession of a fortune must be in want of a wife."

Have a guess?

1 comment:

  1. Jane Austen - P&P? What are you reading for summer? I am working on the Secret Keeper's Daughter. Not great literature, but something. I don't EVER get to read during the school year. Too busy with grading and making sure I remember what happened in Catcher in the Rye...

    ReplyDelete